Full-Time Computer support, training & testing
We make software that aims to achieve substantial improvements in the availability of medical supplies for people in countries in Africa, the Pacific and Asia. So far about 30 countries use our software- many of them for their national health system’s medical distribution. There are huge challenges to doing this well, but we’re up for it.
We have offices in Auckland and Kathmandu, and full time staff in 5 other countries. We have a very “hands on” approach to our users, as that’s what’s needed to make it work well.
We’re much more motivated by contributing to a better world than we are by the usual measures of business success.
If this makes you a little excited and you have some good IT skills, read on.
The Job in a nutshell: We need someone to help us manage our support to clients, our public documentation, our training materials, our testing program and our public communications. That’s broad, but it keeps things interesting (don’t you think?)
Specific things we’ll want you to take charge of:
* We have a support system that people mainly use via email. You wouldn’t have to handle every request, as we have a team in Nepal who are very good. Some of our staff there have 5 to 10 years experience, but we need someone to take an overview, and to get stuck in and help when needed.
* Our software does a lot, and the public documentation runs to about 700 pages- as we develop new features or change things, we need this documentation maintained to a high standard. You can see the current state of affairs at https://docs.msupply.org.nz/
* We want to formalise our training resources so we can stitch together different types of training depending on the audience and the length of time available.
* We’d like to improve the way we communicate with users and potential users- we have a Facebook group, an email newsletter, and various other ways we communicate. What we don’t have is someone who can take charge and make sure we communicate in a fun way, and also in a way that reflects our no BS, caring approach to what we do.
Competencies you’ll need:
* You need to like computers and software, and be competent with normal computer tasks on Windows and Mac.
* Understand the basics of computer networks (IP addresses, subnets, routers), software, be comfortable with running terminal commands, understand file permissions, basic security risks and how to avoid them.
* Be proactive- you’ll need to have an eye for what needs to be done, and be happy to either do it or work with the rest of us to ensure it happens.
* Able to write English to a high standard. At the same time we work with a wide range of people around the world, and you’ll need to be gentle with people for whom English isn’t their first language.
Qualifications & Experience
* We’re more worried about your ability to do the job and to learn what’s needed. If you’ve got the dedication and maybe even a little excitement to work with us as well as most of the competencies above, then apply!
Location: Corner of K’ Rd & Queen St.
We encourage applications from any ethnicity, gender or orientation, those of faith or no faith.
We envisage this being a full-time position, but with flexible work hours if you need them. Salary: we’ll work with you to ensure you’re fairly compensated. The amounts published above are a guide. We run open books, so you’ll be able to see for yourself what is reasonable.
Some travel for training in the Pacific/SE Asia/Africa and for working with our Nepal team is possible.
Please apply with CV and answers to the given questions via email.
777 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here