Full-Time Graphic Designer and Online Support Officer
Businesses talk about Culture – We live it.
Are you someone who takes graphic design to the next level? Can you work across multiple media platforms and create totally engaging material?
We are currently looking for a Graphic Designer and Online Support Officer to join our team and help shape the future of our region. You will be well-supported by a team that prides itself on creating the best communications, in an inclusive workspace, that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
A bit about you: you’re an amazing designer, a natural communicator with a fantastic portfolio in graphic design. As a people person, you enjoy helping others and working in a team while supporting the wider Engagement Team with design and online communication.
No two days will be the same. In this role you’ll play an important role in assisting with the production of Council’s printed and online collateral including posters, signs, brochures, guides and other public documents. You’ll also assist the team with the content and maintenance of all Council’s websites, intranet and social media platforms.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent role because we know that job stability is important.
- Flexible working hours to enjoy our tranquil and beautiful surroundings and spending time with your greatest supporters; your whanau.
- Flexibility to work on a range of different projects and tasks, no day will be the same and we encourage you to get stuck in to anything that piques your interest.
- Career progression, training and development to continue your learning and inspire those that come after you.
- A career path that can adapt as you grow new skills and discover fresh interests.
- Ability to balance your hours around your family and other commitments.
Who we are:
Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairawhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region. At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
- Bring your whole self to work: we celebrate this and all it means.
- Represent our diverse community and be the guardian of our rich heritage.
- Have a hand in our legacy for Tairāwhiti’s Tāngata and lead the region now and into the future.
So, what are you waiting for? Gisborne District Council is the place to make change, so be part of shaping our future today! Will you join us?
Applications close: Friday, 1 July 2022
For further information please contact Melanie Thornton.
230 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here