Contract Graphic Designer and Content Creator
- Newly created role 6-month fixed-term role
- Develop engaging videos, designs and copy for social media, web and print in a fun environment
- Flexible and creative work culture
- Be part of the team ending avoidable blindness and vision impairment in the Pacific
The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ carries on the work of legendary Kiwi, the late Professor Fred Hollows, who championed the right of all people to high-quality and affordable eye care. We work in the Pacific where nine out of ten people that are blind, don’t need to be as their condition is treatable or preventable. We restore sight to the needlessly blind and train local eye health specialists to provide eye care services in their own communities. Fred worked tirelessly to end avoidable blindness and while it didn’t happen in his lifetime, we’re working hard to make it happen in ours. To find out more, visit our website: www.hollows.org.nz
About the role
This is an exciting opening for a creative Graphic Designer and Content Creator.
Reporting to the Communications & Marketing Manager, this role is an essential role to our day-to-day operations as we look to expand our internal services. This is a full-time, fixed term role for 6 months with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role.
The Graphic Designer & Content Creator will create engaging content to be used across multiple channels including social media, website, email, print and video. Content will be sourced from our teams working across the pacific as well as those based in New Zealand. The role will provide graphic design for both internal and external purposes.
This position is an integral part of the Engagement team that includes Fundraising, Communications, Marketing, Database Management, Supporter Services, and Insight.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating content for the organisation that enhances The Foundation’s brand and engages key audiences.
- Maintaining The Foundation’s Image Library and permissions database.
- Supporting the Communications & Marketing team to deliver design services for The Foundation including our teams across the Pacific.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of content and making adjustments accordingly.
- Responding to requests for content creation and working with internal colleagues and external partners as required to deliver content.
- Manage budgets where external resources are utilised.
The position objectives are to provide high quality, professional content that generates engagement and supports our Brand in a timely manner. Knowledge and experience of graphic design, video editing and major gift fundraising and the regulations governing fundraising in New Zealand are essential. You will also have:
- A Bachelor’s qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of content creation.
- Experience of writing effective copy.
- Skilled at combining video, images and text to produce moving content for the web.
- A good eye for photography and experience managing an image library will be useful.
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) or similar tools will be useful.
- Familiarity with SEO, readability and accessibility best practices is required.
- An eye for detail and a passion for developing engaging content.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, international development in a Pacific regional context and working with Pacific communities
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that respects all cultures and different ways of thinking. We foster a healthy, positive and encouraging work environment so that our team reaches their full potential and has fun along the way.
- Flexible working hours/remote working options
- Complimentary health insurance scheme with Southern Cross
- 10 days sick leave after three months
- Three additional gifted annual leave days between Christmas & New Year’s
- Our central CBD office includes a café, bike storage, end-of-journey facilities and a free mini-gym.
For a copy of the Position Description, or if you have any questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team via email at [email protected]
To apply for this job go to: https://fredhollows.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5992136. Applications close 15 July 2022
233 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here