Full-Time Gambling Harm Counsellor
Are you passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of others?
Do you want to make a positive impact for tāngata whaiora and whānau?
Are you experienced in mental health and addictions?
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Pou Āwhina counsellor to join our PGF Services Southern team to cover the Canterbury region.
Kia Mana Te Kupu, Kia Mana Te Tāngata, Kia Mana Te Mokopuna
We stand true to our word, we stand true to our people, we stand true to our legacy
Our mission is to prevent and reduce gambling harm for all tāngata in Aotearoa with integrity, mana and innovative solutions. At PGF Services, we have a dynamic team environment that incorporates a holistic approach to minimising the harm caused by gambling. The organisation is funded to work with individuals, whānau, groups, and the community. We have the flexibility to support any counselling modality that promotes client engagement and motivation.
Our values are:
Manaakitanga: We nurture an environment where human potential can be realised for all.
Whanaungatanga: Approaching relationships respectfully and intentionally, that are sustainable and transformational
Kaitiakitanga: Upholding our responsibilities to honour and protect the people of Aotearoa
Awhi: Engaging and embracing all people to inspire hope and trust in their future
We are committed to delivering a mana enhancing service and the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff are important to us. We value the connections you have with your community and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide whānau support services for those already experiencing harm from the impacts of gambling and other co-existing issues, along with providing education and engagement in the region to raise awareness of gambling harm.
- A qualification in a relevant field such as social work, mental health, counselling and/or addiction
- Membership to a governing body such as NZ Psychological Society, Social Work Registration Board, NZ Council of Nursing, Dapaanz, or NZAC
- Self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work cross-culturally and engage with diverse communities
- Effective and respectful communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high standards of record keeping
- Skills to build professional relationships with community organisations
- Full and clean driver’s licence
- Competence in data entry and Microsoft 365 programmes desirable
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Flexible working environment
- Five weeks annual leave
- Medical insurance
- Latest smartphone and laptop
- Career development and training opportunities
- Fortnightly external clinical supervision
- Regular kaupapa Māori supervision
- Use of company vehicle for work purposes
- One day of birthday leave
If you want to make a difference by working to reduce gambling harm, we want to hear from you. Applications will close at 5.00pm on 15 July 2022 unless filled prior.
Please note: To apply for this role you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
COVID-19 VaccinationWe are committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our staff and clients, and in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, all our staff need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or medically exempt. Therefore, we are only able to consider applicants who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a New Zealand Ministry of Health issued medical exemption and evidence of this will be requested as part of your employment.
Please note that you will only be able to view this via our website at https://www.pgf.nz/careers
204 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here