Part-Time Gambling Caseworker
- Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
- 20 to 24 hours per week (0.5 – 0.6FTE); days/times flexible
- Based in Upper Hutt
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in the community in Aotearoa New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whānau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As a Caseworker, you will work as part of a small regional team (Wellington/Hutt Valley/Wairarapa) and provide a range of intervention services, including Brief Interventions and counselling (including assessment), follow up, group work and community interface for individuals and family/whānau experiencing gambling harm.
You will be based in the Upper Hutt office, located centrally in Upper Hutt.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling, help to develop the local Oasis service, and work as part of a passionate team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
- Strong clinical knowledge, with experience using both one to one and group clinical interventions, preferably within the gambling or addictions sector
- An applied clinical qualification and registered under the HPCA Act, DAPAANZ addiction practitioner, or Social Workers Registration Board
- A passion for providing and delivering a client-centred service
- A collaborative approach
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- A full drivers licence and your own vehicle (you will be reimbursed for any work related travel, excluding travel to/from work)
The Salvation Army Oasis is part of the Health and Disability sector in New Zealand, and therefore all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 6 July 2022
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Gambling-Caseworker-23.3.21.pdf
152 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here