Voluntary Fundraising Volunteer
Get some direct exposure to the world of Fundraising with a significant New Zealand charity, whilst contributing to changing the lives of those in need across Aotearoa.
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) partners with hundreds of Churches of various denominations all across New Zealand, equipping them to reach their communities with 5 free services – Debt Help, CAP Money, Job Clubs, Release Groups and Life Skills.
Clients and members receive these services for free, largely due to the generosity of thousands of New Zealanders each year. The Fundraising Team connect with each of these wonderful supporters, ensuring people’s lives will continue to be changed well into the future.
As a Fundraising Volunteer you will receive training to provide practical and admin support to the Fundraising Team. You will be welcomed in as part of a fun, passionate team, and hear regular stories of the impact your work is having on the lives of people in our nation.
Job tasks and responsibilities
• Entering new contacts and scanning documents to CAP’s supporter database
• Processing returned mail
• Supporting Fundraising Dinner tasks
• Other practical and admin support for the Fundraising team
• You will need to be available to volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours per week
Skills and experience
• Computer literate – basic Microsoft Office skills and able to pick up use of new software
• Confident using the Internet
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including confidence on the phone
• Discreet and trustworthy with confidential information
• Attention to detail – able to spot errors, use correct formatting and accurately enter data
• Diligent in following step-by-step processes and able to complete repetitive tasks with accuracy
148 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here