Part-Time Fundraising Communications Assistant
About the opportunity:
Our client, Caritas, is part of an international confederation of aid, development and social justice agencies whose work tackles both the causes and effects of poverty and injustice and responds swiftly to emergencies around the world. They promote advocacy and education for justice in New Zealand and overseas, and play an integral part in this worldwide network of agencies.
In this role you will use your communications and marketing knowledge to support the Communications Advisor to strengthen engagement with donors and to communicate effectively with them. You will also contribute to the production of internal and external communications and work collaboratively with other teams to support fundraising campaigns.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of digital and print newsletters and learn how to use and maintain the Vega database for distribution of communications to specific audiences
- Assist the Communications Advisor to maintain the website to ensure that it is relevant, current and well utilised by new and existing stakeholders
- Support the design and layout of communication material and collateral
- Monitor & stay abreast of trends in social media & contribute to the development of client’s social media work
- Track impact and effectiveness of company communications through agreed measurables
- Contribute to the development of strategies to increase the client’s market presence
This role will suit someone with all or some following background / experience / qualities:
- Experience in developing digital communications (social media/website maintenance)
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Can manage a busy workload and responds effectively to tight deadlines
- Committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi & the client’s vision, mission & values
- Great planning and organisation skills
- Relationship management skills
About the company:
Caritas works in partnership and solidarity with communities throughout the world to promote human dignity and the common good. They are affiliated with an international confederation, made up of 165 members, which supports the work of partners in poor and marginalised communities, responds to disasters, and carries out education and advocacy on local and global social justice issues. Established in 1966, their mission is to unite with communities, especially in the parishes, colleges, marae, religious orders and schools of Aotearoa and Oceania to overcome poverty, protect lives and relieve suffering.
What will they offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside a great team!
- The chance to have a positive impact both locally and nationally
- A variety of work
387 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here