Casual Food Rescue Driver – Casual On Call – Paid
Join the team at Kaibosh – New Zealand’s first dedicated food rescue organisation.
Be a face for Kaibosh! We’re looking for a driver at our new Hutt branch working casual fill in and cover for Monday – Saturday 0800 – 300.
This key front-line position ensures that quality surplus food from our food donors is collected on time and delivered to Kaibosh’s base so that it can be provided to those in our community who need it most. The role also focuses on providing a high level of customer service, engagement with food donors and sharing our ethos with them, and being a public representative of Kaibosh. Ideally we’re looking for someone who can stick with us for at least six months – the relationships our drivers build with our food donors are vital to our work, and good relationships take time.
We are looking for someone whose values are aligned to those of Kaibosh (www.kaibosh.org.nz/about-us), who demonstrates a positive and happy approach to their work and who will provide the prompt, reliable and friendly food rescue service that our food donors and volunteers have come to expect from Kaibosh.
Kaibosh is a Living Wage employer.
The primary tasks of this role will be to:
• Bear primary responsibility for collecting and delivering food as per instructions from the Hutt Operations Manager.
• Drive the delivery truck and carry out pick-ups including loading and unloading the truck (vehicle supplied, normal car licence is all that is required).
• Working with and coordinating our teams of hardworking volunteers.
• Implement optimal pick-up/delivery arrangements and understand a map route.
• Engage with food donors when making collections and deliveries.
• Assist in identifying potential recipients and donors.
• Complete comprehensive driver reports and record statistics for collections and deliveries as required.
• Ensure OSH practices and vehicle is compliant with legal and food safety requirements.
• Ensure premises and delivery truck are clean and maintained at all times.
• Have a working knowledge of food safety protocols for donated food.
• Kaibosh site & plant is kept to the required standards of cleanliness.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be
• Over 25 years of age for insurance purposes, with a current, clean, full New Zealand car driver’s licence.
• Able to drive a manual and automatic vehicle.
• A quick learner, who thrives in a busy environment and can hit the ground running.
• Able to provide a high level of customer service from day one, with genuine warmth and empathy, and belief in Kaibosh’s values.
• In good physical condition (on occasion this position will be physically demanding, requiring lifting, kneeling, and bending with loads of up to 20kg).
• Be time-flexible and prepared to cover additional shifts.
• Excellent self-management and organisational skills, and able to work with tight time frames.
• Innovative and proactive, able to generate ideas and identify opportunities for Kaibosh
• Statistical literacy (competent with record keeping and accurately recording statistics)
• Excellent communication skills and comfortable with talking about Kaibosh and being involved in public relations work (e.g. media coverage, interviews, photography).
• Able to work independently to solve problems as they arise and work as a member of the larger team to grow Kaibosh.
• Able to work with people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds, world-views, and experiences.
Initial training would include learning the site’s daily collection routes.
How to Apply
If this is a role you would be passionate about, and it fits with your skills, experience and values, please apply by sending us your CV, with a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this role, what days you’re available to cover and which site you’re available for.
Please email applications to [email protected] by 5pm Thursday 22nd April. Note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
237 total views, 14 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here