Full-Time First Aid Instructor (Anywhere in New Zealand)
Level 1-3 First Aid Instructor (actively recruiting across New Zealand)
- Teach people new skills and give them confidence in medical emergencies.
- We are actively recruiting for Level 1-3 First Aid Instructors across New Zealand.
About NZRC and its culture:
New Zealand Red Cross is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. We are an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and over 500 staff. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce and adhere to best practice equal employment opportunity principles in all aspects of our recruitment and our ways of working.
About the Role:
Teach our public vital life-saving skills and first responders more advanced first aid techniques. Build your client’s capabilities and instil in them calm, confidence and competence so they can cope in real life emergencies.
Enjoy sharing your first aid knowledge and experiences with your participants using Red Cross’ flag ship nationally recognised First Aid programme. Have fun interacting with your classroom participants from diverse backgrounds and enjoy receiving great feedback that comes teaching a well-known and well-respected first aid curriculum.
Skills and experience:
You will have many of the following attributes and background:
- The confidence to interact with a cross-section of our community;
- Availability for weekend and evening work when required;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to work unsupervised;
- Full clean NZ Driver’s License;
- Experience in a teaching environment;
- A certificate in adult education;
- A qualification within the health sector;
- Unit Standard 29321;
- Unit Standard 4098;
- Unit Standard 23406.
You must have one or more of the following attributes:
- Relevant experience in a trauma environment;
- A background in emergency care services;
- A background in emergency medicine / or equivalent health field
The successful applicant must be physically capable to instruct in first aid and be ready to work alongside, and within, a passionate team of Red Cross first aid instructors. The work is rostered across seven days, at various locations with day and evening shifts available.
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided;
- Mobile phone;
- Be part of a passionate and growing team of professional first aid instructors;
- Get out and see the region; some travel is required.
We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff and members of the public with whom we work. As part of that commitment, full COVID-19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement for this role, subject to consideration of individual circumstances where necessary and appropriate.
258 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here