Full-Time Family Violence Specialist
A bit about us
We are a small team with big ambition, and we have an audacious goal – to eliminate family violence in all its forms and grow stronger families. The work we do extends beyond that of providing immediate refuge for those in crisis. Whilst providing a Safe House is one of our core kaupapa, we also provide a variety of services and social commentary around family violence. We do this in partnership with agencies and the wider community with the room to do so much more. This is where you come in.
About our Family Violence Clinical team
We are a passionate, multi-skilled team of family violence specialists who provide tailored support to women, children and whānau. The team includes clinical & principal leads, senior/family violence specialists and administration support.
About our specialist role/s
The family violence specialist roles are important in achieving our purpose and vision. You deliver services to clients, and work with system partners. We have an opportunity to appoint a specialist within the team and we are looking for applicants with varying levels of experience.
- Working directly with clients; providing individual support, programme delivery and services
- Creating, contributing and maintaining positive team culture
- Collaborating with stakeholders, partners and networks representing our services and clients
- Influencing our point of view on services and family violence
- Spot opportunities and help drive service improvements and bold initiatives
- Contributing to efforts that give confidence to stakeholders including reporting, marketing, fundraising and operational activities.
We are looking for a passionate specialist who has a range of qualities including:
- A passion to eliminate family violence; getting the best outcomes for our women and children
- Collaborative; working well with others, imagining and driving towards solutions towards our vision
- Being aware of self and others supporting a positive culture
- a good understanding of the complexity of family violence and ability to problem solve
- Discrete; knowing how to work with sensitive information
- The ability to raise our profile, funds and influence for big things
- Self management and reflective; to strengthen capability for yourself and within the team
We are a passionate team with big ambition. In addition to the contribution you’ll make to reducing family violence, this role includes:
- Flexible working arrangements with the opportunity to WFH.
- A serious focus on your wellbeing which includes an annual paid wellness budget and 20% decompression time.
- Training opportunities and career progression.
- A free ticket to our annual Arty Party fundraiser.
We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds. If you’ve worked in a similar service, have family violence and/or social sector experience we would love to hear from you. We are open to exploring secondment opportunities.
How to apply?
Applications close 1pm Friday 8 July 2022 Please note: we may review applications before the closing date and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are able. We reserve the right to withdraw the job advertisement at any time before our closing date.
Given the nature of our work and workplace, covid vaccination is strongly encouraged and might be required.
254 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here