Full-Time Executive Manager
- An exciting, diverse and varied role
- A real opportunity to make a difference
- Permanent full-time, based in Wellington CBD
Dress for Success Wellington is a not-for-profit organisation that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Dress for Success Wellington is affiliated to Dress for Success Worldwide, which reaches over 70,000 women each year, has expanded to almost 150 cities in 25 countries, and helped more than 1.2 million women work towards self-sufficiency. Dress for Success Wellington plays its part and continues to contribute to women’s lives in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Executive Manager we are seeking will be a practical, confident and inclusive leader who brings an innovative approach to organisational excellence; someone who can continue to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders, increase fundraising initiatives and raise the positive profile of the organisation.
Reporting to the President and Board, the Executive Manager will provide strategic leadership and overall management of the organisation’s operational activities with the support of a small team and group of passionate volunteers, who play an important role in helping the organisation to achieve its aims and goals.
At a practical level, you will support the Board to provide good governance and strategic planning, ensure corporate compliance with global policies, drive a culture of inclusivity, provide leadership to operational staff and volunteers, as well as ensuring financial viability and sustainability of Dress for Success Wellington. In addition, you will be responsible for developing new and maintaining existing stakeholder relationships with referral agencies, contract and corporate partners and funders alongside the Board.
This is a varied and busy role with plenty of scope to make the role your own and opportunity to draw on your leadership, organisational and relational skills.
You will enjoy working with a network of dedicated, passionate, energetic and generous people such as the Board, staff and volunteers who help to raise the funds needed to operate and implement their programs and make it possible to serve thousands of women annually; their success is truly a team effort!
This is a permanent full-time position based at the national office on Willis Street, Wellington Central. A carpark will be provided and and flexible working arrangements are available.
- Proven experience in a leadership role or managerial position, preferably within the not-for-profit or community sector
- Proven ability of achieving organisational goals at an executive level, with experience in supporting a Board
- Ability to translate strategic direction as determined by the Board into successful operational initiatives
- A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Strong understanding of financial management and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as HR, marketing, PR and finance
- Forward thinking, with the ability to identify and capitalise upon opportunities
- An inclusive, consultative, supportive and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Very highly developed written and verbal communication skills
581 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here