Full-Time English Language Partners Centre Manager – Auckland Central and West
Who we are
English Language Partners is a not-for-profit, award-winning education provider with NZQA category 1 endorsement, that has been providing English language programmes and settlement services to adult migrants and former refugees throughout New Zealand for over 40 years.
We are passionate about supporting former refugees and migrants to participate successfully in all aspects of life in Aotearoa New Zealand and are looking for your help to achieve this.
Who you are
You are a socially conscious person who believes in working to make a difference, not just a dollar. Naturally organised, operational logistics comes easily to you and you enjoy the challenge of getting all the pieces of the puzzle to fit. You are a “connector” who enjoys interacting with a wide range of people and making the links between them.
As an experienced people manager you know how to get the best out of a team and are not afraid to tackle the hard stuff; you are practical, empathetic and adaptable in your management approach. People describe you as ‘high energy’ and you get a kick out of making things run better, smoother, faster. You enjoy working alongside people from diverse backgrounds and want a career that makes an impact in your local community.
What you’ll be doing
• Managing the day-to- day operations of a large English language centre covering the Auckland Central and West regions. This involves overseeing the delivery of a variety of English language programmes as well operational aspects such as planning, reporting, marketing, finance, fundraising and business development.
• Stakeholder and community liaison is a key part of the role, you’ll be connecting with local businesses, educators, ethnic communities and other community groups to ensure your centre is attracting and meeting the needs of learners in the area.
• Supporting the organisation through an exciting change process bringing the Auckland Central and West regions together.
• Inspiring and leading a team of office staff and teachers that service 800+ learners and a volunteer base of 300+ to help us deliver our amazing mission.
• Permanent full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Newmarket base initially, potentially moving to New Lynn late 2019.
Is this you?
• Proven experience in organisation management/ general management (5+ years) preferably in the community/not-for-profit sector
• Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline such as management, not-for-profit management, business studies, TESOL, adult education
• Competent IT user with strong project management, financial management and analytical skills.
Bonus Points for
• Knowledge of/experience working in ESOL, Education and/or working with former refugees and migrants
593 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here