Micro-volunteer Engagement and Growth Lead
The Microvolunteering Collective is a community group dedicated to breaking down the barriers to traditional volunteering, and enabling anyone – regardless of their age, gender, background, or experience, to make a meaningful difference in their community, through bite-sized volunteer tasks, known as ‘microvolunteering’.
With the aim of using micro-moments to create macro-change, we organise events and activities that bring people together, and empower them to use their strengths, skills and creativity as a tool for good (and in doing so, enhance personal and collective wellbeing).
Such events and activities include hand-making postcards and filling them with messages of love for lonely residents in local rest homes, and repurposing old clothing into toys for dogs and cats in the SPCA, for example.
Since our establishment in February 2019, we have brought together almost 1, 000 microvolunteers, who have contributed 1, 400 hours of their time towards various community causes.
Now, we’re on a mission to turn microvolunteering into a nationwide movement.
And that’s where you come in!
Over recent months, we’ve connected with a variety of partners who have helped accelerate our impact.
Now, we’re looking for someone to take the lead on this, to support and enable further growth. This may entail:
-:actively seeking new microvolunteering activities and opportunities
– identifying values-aligned individuals and organisations who we could collaborate with
– developing and leading a strategy for connecting with new partners, including individuals, schools, community groups, non-profits, organisations and workplaces
This is a flexible and rewarding opportunity that will allow you to play a key role in New Zealand’s microvolunteering movement.
– be passionate about volunteering, your local community, and change-making
– be a creative thinker, willing to bring a fresh perspective to all that you do
– have strong copywriting abilities, to craft impactful funding obligations
– be well networked
– have excellent people skills and be willing to forge new connections
– have a strategic mindset and ability to connect the dots
Email [email protected] explaining why you’re a good fit for the role.
42 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here