Full-Time Director of Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- Newly created role; design, implement and lead a QA and risk management team
- Have significant influence in one of NZs largest & most diverse organisations
- Help make a difference to the lives of many across NZ, Fiji, Tonga & Samoa
The Salvation Army is a world-wide evangelical Christian church and human service provider that assists over 140,000 New Zealanders every year through a wide range of community services, such as addiction treatment and recovery, food banks, social work, provision of accommodation and prisoner reintegration. They also have an extensive network of retail outlets (Family Stores), run an Outdoor Adventure Centre, and provide training both within their early childhood education centres and at a tertiary level.
This newly created role represents the opportunity to transform a department whose traditional focus has largely been on internal financial audit, joined lately by the growing emphasis on Health and Safety, and the beginning of a journey into risk management.
You will lead a small team, and this department will report to and advise Governance and Management. It will ensure The Salvation Army develops and implements a comprehensive organisational risk programme across the Territory (New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga).
This will encapsulate Enterprise Risk, Health and Safety Risk and fit for purpose Internal Audit (Organisational Assurance) processes that enable an ongoing Quality Assurance model of continuous improvement, ensuring that risk awareness and mitigation is embedded into the ongoing daily life at all levels of The Salvation Army.
At a practical level, you will be responsible for designing and leading a fit for purpose QA programme; ensuring a best practice, but pragmatic Health and Safety programme; creating a fit for purpose Risk Management programme, including policy, framework, registers and electronic systems; and designing and ensuring training and education across the four countries.
This is a pivotal role within the Territory, and will provide you with the opportunity to be an expert and leader; you will get to work with a wide variety of interesting, talented and highly committed professionals.
You will be recognised for your expertise, and will have an extensive track record in quality assurance, risk management and health and safety, with diversity and complexity of organisational experience.
Your passion for quality will be contagious and will inspire others to ensure that quality is at the heart of everything they do.
- Strong cultural awareness, with a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities, coupled with the ability to relate to people with sensitivity, care and patience
- An understanding of policy, strategy and systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write good records and reports
- Presentation and training skills
- Computer literate, with the ability to use technology to maximum effect
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Ability to travel within the Territory as required
- Relevant tertiary level qualification
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 16 May 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
62 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here