Voluntary Design Leader
The Aotearoa Youth Leadership Institute (AYLI) is an organisation committed to training and inspiring a new generation of New Zealand leaders. Through our International Programme, since 2013 we’ve sent over 160 young Kiwis to awesome international conferences to build their leadership skills, to network, and to gain a greater understanding of how our world works. These delegates have come home to be incredible leaders in their communities, championing social and environmental projects and sharing the knowledge they’ve gained.
It’s an exciting time for AYLI. In the past two years, we’ve doubled the scale of our International Programme – and it’s continuing to grow. We’re after awesome and talented people who are dynamic, down-to-earth, and passionate about our vision to join our team. Could this be you?
About the role
Our Design Leader will work with our Executive Director and our Marketing Leader to develop awesome, high quality visual material to promote what we do – to ensure more young Kiwis can hear about our exciting opportunities.
As a small organisation, AYLI is really reliant on online platforms to connect with young Kiwis’ hearts and minds – so we know it’s really important to have awesome looking content! To date, we haven’t had a dedicated designer, and we’re excited about how our visual presence and brand could grow if one came on board. That’s where (we hope) you come in!
We think you might might be a design student looking for a rewarding volunteer role while you study, or a young professional keen to give back to the non-profit sector.
What’s in it for you?
– The opportunity to shape the image of a rapidly growing young non-profit organisation
– The ability to work with highly motivated and talented young leaders
– The chance to contribute to an organisation making tangible positive change in young Kiwis’ lives!
We get excited about ideas that work toward:
– Redefining leadership as a skill area everyone can embrace and develop, rather than as something only for those few that our society names as ‘leaders’
– Encouraging young people to think critically about the world and their values, and how those values interact with their identity and their plans for their futures
– Creating trajectory changing experiences that have the potential to drastically impact young people’s future contribution to our world and to New Zealand.
1955 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here