Full-Time Deliverer of Goodness
KiwiHarvest is a not for profit organisation based in Auckland whose mission is to rescue perishable food from going to waste and distributing it to those in need in the wider community.
The hub of the business is located in a modern, compact and self-contained container office and warehouse in Ellerslie Central Auckland, this is the HQ from which all the action happens!
KiwiHarvest is powered by people who want to make a difference. This amazing team of awesome individuals are a mixture of permanent employees and volunteers whose motivation is to spread good food Karma within the Auckland community.
We are looking for a very, very special individual to join the KiwiHarvest family in a mission critical position, of Delivery Driver or as we like to call it Deliverer of Goodness!
As the job title says we are delivering goodness to the Auckland community and so this role is 100% focused on picking up food donations from food donors and delivering food donations to recipient charities, in a timely manner whilst sending positive vibes along the way.
You will be the face of the business, on the front line every day, responsible for ensuring food donations reach the people that need it most before it perishes, time is of the essence!
Sounds simple right? …not really as you will regularly be diverted from your original route to pick up last minute donations, whilst juggling already scheduled drop offs and pickups. You need to know your people and match the food you collect to those who need it – think of it as speed dating for food!! As the old saying goes patience is a virtue but in this job, along with flexibility it’s an absolute must!
Your main aim is to rescue as much food as possible from scheduled pickups and deliver them to their scheduled destinations all whilst managing ad-hoc requests from HQ as and when they happen. You will need to have a level of maturity, common sense, communication skills and love of community
A typical day will involve:
● Picking up food rescued from KiwiHarvest’s food donors
● Matching and delivering food to recipient charities within tight timelines
● Building positive relationships with food donors and recipient charities
● Responding to SOS requests from HQ to pickup and deliver last minute food donations
● Ensuring food is picked up, delivered or stored safely in tight deadlines
● Keeping accurate records of collections and deliveries
● Keeping your van safe and clean!
We need you to be a:
● Physically fit
● Smiler driver
● Road safety champion
● Cool, calm and collected human being
● Team dream member
● Popular people person
● Communication specialist
● Masterful multitasker
● Food rescuer at heart
We need you to have skills & experience in;
● Driving within Auckland central business district and suburbs
● Forklift licence or the ability to get one
● Communicating with customers in a kind hearted and likable manner
● Problem solving with an unflappable approach to work and life
● Positive thinking, glass half full attitude to work and life
● Bending over backwards to make a difference
● Ensuring that nothing is a problem or too much trouble, selflessness is your natural trait
● Not sweating the small stuff (esp in rush hour)
2391 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here