Part-Time Counsellor – Palliative Care
- Welcoming environment with an award winning wellness programme
- FTE 0.8 hours negotiable
- Could suit job share or someone establishing a private practise
Mary Potter Hospice is recruiting for an experienced Counsellor to join our Wellington Community Team and the Inpatient Unit. Our Counsellors are an important part of our hospice service which provides specialist palliative care, end of life and bereavement support to our patients and their whānau.
It takes a very special skillset to work in palliative care. Our Clinical, Allied Health and Medical teams work closely together and we are small enough to ensure you establish strong working relationships across the whole Hospice.
This position is scoped at 32 hours per week, but could be amended to suit someone establishing their private practice or interested in a job share arrangement.
What you will bring to the role.
- sound knowledge or a keen interest in palliative care and hospice and experience in working with loss and grief
- ability to respond flexibly to complex situations and excellent self-care skills
- a demonstrated understanding of social, cultural and spiritual influences and concerns for patients and whānau
- capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team and community partners to provide the best care for our patients and whānau.
As well, you will need to be an experienced and registered Counsellor, ideally with previous experience working in the health sector or palliative care. You will have an understanding of and commitment to the multidisciplinary team approach to patient care and to working in a values based organisation.
What we offer:
A welcoming work environment, with an award winning staff wellbeing programme including carer’s leave (on top of sick leave), personal wellbeing allowance, birthday leave, EAP and flu vaccinations and there is support for further professional development. If you think you might like to be part of our team here at Mary Potter Hospice we would love to hear from you. A job description and application form can be obtained from our website www.marypotter.org.nz
233 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here