Part-Time Regional Coordinator
Generation Zero is a not-for-profit volunteer based, consensus based, youth-led, climate-justice group. We have a vision for a decarbonised, decolonised, future-safe Te Whanganui-a-Tara (Wellington). We have four change areas: targeted emissions reductions, building a city for people, accessible local government processes and ensuring we have a thriving Generation Zero team. We work with other groups, including the wider Generation Zero team, across the motu.
Mō te tūranga – About the role
We have two fixed term coordinator roles, one of 30 hours per week, starting in June, and another for 10 hours a week, starting in September (both $30/hour (incl. kiwisaver). The Coordinators will be working closely with the Wellington membership, and other advocacy and activist groups. The coordinator is a key team member taking care of all manner of things including administration, planning, managing our funding, building relationships, facilitation and project management.
He korero mōu – About you
- You are a friendly person who is excellent at building relationships, working in a team, and working with a diverse range of people and accommodating to their needs.
- You’ll be adaptable to changing circumstances.
- You take initiative and work well under your own direction, and facilitate/enable action rather than owning projects or relationships.
- You have a passion for climate justice.
- Preferably have experience working in a climate or group advocacy for social justice (either paid or unpaid)
Please see the job descriptions attached for details of what the roles involve and what we are looking for!
Te wāhi mahi – Working here
Generation Zero offers an environment which provides flexible working arrangements so you can do a combination of hours in the office and at home. You’ll be supported by a caring, collaborative, and inclusive team. You’ll also have opportunities to increase your skills.
To find out more about this role email [email protected]org.nz Note it may take a day or two for a response.
We will be looking through and getting in touch with applicants as the applications come in to try to shorten the process.
302 total views, 7 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here