Full-Time Community Engagement /Health Promoter – Schools Settings Coordinator
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand (MHF) is a charity that works towards creating a society free from discrimination, where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
We have a newly created role within our Community Engagement & Health Promotion team as a school’s setting coordinator.
The MHF is developing their school’s strategy and this role will be key in helping to drive its success. You will use your passion of health promotion and the education sector to support the rollout of the MHF’s school strategy, the school’s component of campaign-based initiatives such as Pink Shirt Day and Mental Health Awareness Week, and other activities that have a focus on schools.
The role has a strong focus on relationships. You’ll work with a range of community organisations, stakeholders, networks – prioritising engagement with Kura and communities with high Māori, Pacific and rainbow population. MHF is a nationwide organisation therefore our mahi ensures we are expanding our reach across communities in Aotearoa through kanohi ki te kanohi (face to face) and online engagement.
You will support a whole school community approach that promotes wellbeing for whānau, teachers and tamariki and that also reduces bullying as well as beingresponsible for overseeing, supporting, facilitating school-related activities through health promotion best practices.
You will be a confident communicator who thrives on whanaungatanga/relationship building, facilitating hui (meetings), project managing and promoting resources.
You will have:
- Experience in health promotion and public health
- Understanding of the education sector or worked with school settings
- Project management and planning
- Relationship development and management
- Experience working with Māori, Pacific and rainbow communities
- Knowledge and ability to kōrero te reo Māori and tikanga Māori
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
- A vibrant, open-plan office based in the heart of Mt Eden
- A positive, supportive, friendly and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements, including summer hours (half-day Fridays during daylight savings)!
- Professional and personal development opportunities.
- Competitive salary
The MHF works within its organisational values of:
- Ōritetanga - fairness and equity
- Tika, Pono, Aroha - respect, truthfulness, compassion
- Whānaungatanga - trusted relationships, whānau-centred
- Te Pae Tawhiti - innovation
- Toitū – sustainability.
Working within our (Community Engagement Health Promotion) team, you’ll work collaboratively with our teams and with other stakeholders in our mission to prevent suicide, eradicate stigma and discrimination and improve the positive mental health and wellbeing of all New Zealanders.
The salary range for this role is $63,000 – $73,000 and will commensurate to the successful candidate’s skills and experience for the role.
We value the expertise of people with experience of mental distress or illness – or tāngata mātau-ā-wheako – and we are an EEO employer.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
This role is based in Auckland.
Please apply through this link with a resume and cover letter – https://mhfnz.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=78
The Closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th August 2022 at 5pm.
330 total views, 14 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here