Full-Time Community Development Advisor (Funding)
Full-time | Permanent
We are looking for a new Community Development Advisor (Funding) to join our vibrant team.
You might have heard about some of our initiatives; the Young Achievers Awards, Spearhead Youth Leaders, Community Funding, beautiful local murals and the Regional Community Awards.
A key responsibility of this position is the administration and management of the funding process for Upper Hutt City Council Community Grants and the Creative Communities Scheme (CCS).
We love supporting our community and invite applications from like-minded people to become part of the team and contribute to Upper Hutt being a safe, informed, connected and resilient community.
As a team we:
* Respond to local issues and support community and organisation-led activities and initiatives
* Support the capacity building, effectiveness and connectedness of community groups * Enable programmes and initiatives that improve safety and support a city free from crime and injury
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
* A passion for working within the Upper Hutt Community
* Excellent relationship management skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate appropriately with a diverse range of stakeholders to meet clear outcomes
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the area of community development and best practice principles
* The ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative
* Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
* Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to convey concepts or information with clarity and accuracy
Applications close: Sunday 15th December 2019 at 4pm
Please note: you must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
To view the full job description and to submit your cover letter, CV and application, please visit our website: https://upperhuttcity.com/yourcouncil/vacancies/
727 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here