Full-Time Communications and Marketing Co-ordinator
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Full time (8-4:30pm)
Closes 12 Feb 2020, 5pm
• New role with plenty of room for scope
• Support NZ Centre for Gifted Education to empower extraordinary minds
• Great team culture
The New Zealand Centre for Gifted Education (NZCGE) is a not-for-profit charitable business established in 2014 which provides services for gifted children and the adults in their lives. We are currently funded by fees, donations and grants from parents, schools, the Ministry of Education and contestable funding. Our vision is a future New Zealand in which extraordinary minds do extraordinary things.
The Centre is dedicated to delivering quality, evidence-guided programmes directly to gifted learners. We are gifted education specialists – we know what gifted children need and how best to meet those needs. We deliver a number of services and work hard to aid equitable access to our programmes and to gifted education opportunities delivered by others. We believe that all children are gifts and that all children are unique, but we also believe that only some children are gifted. Those who are gifted have the potential to achieve at levels we would not normally expect from children of their age. However, high potential does not always equate to high achievement. These children need to be nurtured in a way that supports their creativity, their abilities and their potential.
NZCGE has made the exciting strategic decision to bring communications and marketing in-house and have thus created a new position for an experienced communications and marketing professional to put the full breadth of their skills and experience to the test.
Just some of things you will be involved in include:
• Internal and external communications
• Developing marketing and promotional material
• Brand management
• Website and media management
As a new role this is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the communications and marketing activities of the organisation and make a real impact.
You will need to be someone who shows a lot of initiative, is a strong multi-tasker and has delivered tangible results in a similar role. You will be in your element working in a broad and varied position within a small team and will be happy to roll up your sleeves when it’s “all hands to the pump”.
This is a great opportunity to work with a team of highly passionate and driven people and to contribute to something really meaningful for New Zealanders.
• A minimum of two years’ experience working in a communications role
• Passionate about digital and content
• Be creative and adaptive in your writing styles and be able to demonstrate writing professional content for a broad range of audiences and channels
• An understanding of how to track the success and impact of your communications activity
• Have impeccable grammatical accuracy and attention to detail
• A natural communicator with the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community
• Great customer service and relationship building skills
• Strong project management, time management and organisational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Self-motivated with initiative and energy
• Understanding of marketing, publishing, design, printing and distribution processes.
• Knowledge of design software would be an advantage
848 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here