Full-Time Communications and Fundraising Manager
Communications and Fundraising Manager
Te Whakaora Tangata is a Christian faith-based not-for-profit serving the community in South Auckland, and more recently, the Far North. Our name means “life restoration for the people” and our work empowers families desperately in need of a way forward – overwhelmed by poverty, sexual abuse, gangs, drugs, and violence. Our unique approach addresses root causes of dysfunction with outstanding results. High-risk whanau are being restored to physical, emotional, and spiritual health, resourced with the tools they need to live well, and reconnected with learning and earning opportunities, contributing positively to their community.
The role of the Communications and Fundraising Manager is responsible for raising funds for our growing team and a community who needs support. Also, it is to oversee the marketing of the trust to supporters and sponsors. This will be achieved by creating platforms and networks to share some of the incredible life change stories we are seeing in South Auckland.
RESTORED + RESOURCED + RECONNECTED = RESILIENT
Values: Family — Partnership — Faith — Stewardship
Position and Purpose
To fundraise on behalf of the Te Whakaora to achieve a balanced budget by engaging with current supporters and donors, as well as researching and sourcing potential new supporters and donors. Also, to understand who we are as an organisation and create marketing strategies that can effectively translate the work to supporters and donors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development of Fundraising Strategy
- To fundraise on behalf of the trust to achieve a balanced budget.
- Fundraising responsibilities including managing grant applications, donor recruitment, developing corporate partnerships, and organizing fundraising initiatives and events
- Relationship management with current donors
- Working closely with and oversight of the Grants Manager is essential
- Having oversight of the day-to-day fundraising and grant applications
- Looking at how data can be used to target applications for funding
- Helping to use the correct language to aid in applications
- Monitoring, applications and giving final clearance on all applications
- Database management for fundraising purposes
- Understanding CRM (Salesforce) and how our data can be used in a targeted approach and evaluations
Marketing and Communications
- To act as a media and public spokesperson on behalf of Te Whakaora and represent at conferences/events
- To develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders including funders, community organisations, media, and sector leaders
- To oversee Te Whakaora’s marketing/communication materials and events, ensuring brand and message integrity is maintained across all platforms.
- Administering Te Whakaora’s communication mediums including website and other digital platforms.
- Lead the designing and production of marketing/communication tools and informational material
- Recommending innovative digital/new media activities for donor acquisition and retention
- Programmes evaluation strategy development
- Overseeing evaluation data collection and strategy implementation
External Stakeholder Management
- Representing the vision and work of the organisation to external parties for the purposes of fundraising, networking, and organizational development. This includes events, meetings, and other speaking engagements
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing and fundraising role with demonstrated success, a graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Excellent IT skills, including very good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, and Apple MacBooks and iPhones.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- Ability to understand basic financial statements and budgets
- Directly to the Operations Manager.
- Operations Manager
- Grants Manager
- Marketing Programmes Evaluation Coordinator
- Donors base (existing and prospective)
- Corporate Partnerships
External media and communications stakeholders
NZ residents or NZ Citizens only apply.
Based in our Offices in Weymouth – work-from-home options are not available.
This is a permanent full-time position.
Applications close in mid-June 2022
287 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here