Part-Time Communications Advisor
We seek an experienced communications professional to plan and lead our outreach and communications efforts and support the Director in fundraising activities.
Salary: $70-90,000 FTE (dependent on experience).
Hours: between 24-40 hours per week – most of which must be in the office.
Motu Economic and Public Policy Research was established to promote informed debate on public policy issues relevant to New Zealand decision making. We believe careful and unbiased research of policy issues and the economic system, when shared with policymakers and the public, leads to better policy choices.
Motu is among the top ten economic think tanks and top ten climate think tanks in the world. Our researchers are passionate about undertaking and disseminating high-quality policy-relevant research independent of any political agenda. Every piece of Motu research is made publicly available free of charge. Motu researchers value the opportunity to pursue quality research in a setting with none of the bureaucracy of a university. Our organisational structure is flat, our office culture casual, committed and collegial. We’re a small group that functions largely as a cooperative; we support each other as we pursue common goals in our individual ways.
The ideal candidate will bring their unique skill set to deliver positive ideas and innovation to our communications and fundraising strategy, and will have:
• a passion for improving the quality of public discussion around public policy issues in New Zealand;
• demonstrated a talent for communications, including active use of social media, with a nose for news and engaging stories over a range of channels;
• strong writing skills and ability to create clear and compelling content dealing with complex problems and quantitative analysis;
• an interest in translating first class communications and engagement to income generation;
• some experience in managing internal communications in a small team; and
• a basic understanding of design and some facility with InDesign and Photoshop.
Training in economics is not necessary, but a willingness and ability to understand economic analysis and help communicate it is essential.
If you are an energetic self-starter who would enjoy working as part of a team of professionals dedicated to a mission, we would be keen to hear from you.
1290 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here