Full-Time Clinical Manager
– A unique and rewarding role that offers an exciting challenge
– Work within a supportive, collaborative and open team environment
– Based in Te Atatu Peninsula, Waitakere (West Auckland)
Established in 1984, Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust (HGDRT) provides tools for transformational change and abstinence based treatment within a therapeutic community for adults who are severely dependent alcohol and other drugs.
HGDRT’s primary focus is an 18-week residential programme based on the 12 Step recovery principles. Their aim is to support recovery for individuals and whanau and to reduce the harm that alcohol and other drug addiction causes in communities and society as a whole.
Reporting to the Programme Director, you will be responsible for the management and implementation of all therapeutic activities through effective relationships with staff and consultants. You will maintain high standards of professional counselling practice in accordance with Higher Ground’s policies and procedures. The Clinical Manager is responsible for supervising the clinical team, directing the programme and care of clients, facilitating workflows, and serving as a resource for staff and providing team leadership.
– Oversee the day to day operation and smooth running of the therapeutic programme
– Develop and implement the therapeutic programme to standard that ensures services provided by Higher Ground are complaint professional standard
– Manage and support the Clinical Team including nurse, team leaders, counsellors and residential support workers, and supervise the work for all volunteers
– Lead House Meetings daily and various clinical team meetings
– Organising multiple family therapy programme (Wednesday nights)
– Assist with clinical assessment of clients
– Counsel clients in individual, family and group sessions when required
– Resolve issues and take part in procedure improvements
– Assist HR with recruitment process of staff and vacancies
– Stand in and act as the Programme Director in their absent
This is a permanent full time position based in Te Atatu Peninsula, Waitakere.
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced Clinical Manager with a proven track record in counselling in the AOD addiction field. You will have a good understanding of the 12 Step recovery principles and evidential based therapies Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand the range of clients and their individual needs are essential.
– Extensive experience working within a clinical or AOD rehabilitation environment
– A relevant tertiary qualification in Psychotherapy, Psychology, Alcohol & Drug Studies, Nursing or Social Work
– Must hold a current DAPAANZ or other HPCA practicing registration
– Sound understanding of the 12 Step recovery principles, evidential based therapies and family and group therapy (desirable)
– Effective people management and leadership capabilities
– Ability to organise and motivate staff
– Has a positive attitude
– Displays ethical and responsible behaviour
– Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
– Strong relationship building capabilities and interpersonal skills
– Understanding of Tikanga Maori and Pasifika and ability to speak Te Reo Maori is advantageous
– Strong business acumen and operational intelligence
– Demonstrate a high level of social competence and commitment to clients wellbeing
– Excellent written and verbal commination skills
– Ability to multitask effectively and prioritise
– A confident decision maker and adept problem solver
– Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
376 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here