Voluntary Client Interviewing Volunteer
Be inspired on a daily basis as you connect with people and hear the stories of their lives changed through the ministry of CAP and the local Church.
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) partners with hundreds of Churches of various denominations all across New Zealand, equipping them to reach their communities with 5 free services – Debt Help, CAP Money, Job Clubs, Release Groups and Life Skills.
Each client and member whose life has been impacted by one of these services has a story, and the Communications team is tasked with sharing those stories to motivate and inspire others.
As a Client Interviewing volunteer, you’ll research and identify people to interview, so their stories can be made known. There’s also scope for you to strengthen your own interviewing skills through calling these clients to interview them directly.
Job tasks and responsibilities
• Sift through data to identify clients whose stories have potential to convey impact and inspire
• Keep records of your process to enable the Communications Team to make calls to the right clients
• Interview clients using an interview template, giving them the opportunity to tell their story in their own words
• You’ll need to be available to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours per week, and be able to make calls at times that work around clients’ schedules
Skills and experience
• Organised, with good research skills
• A natural curiosity about others’ lives and stories, and ability to recognise the elements of a powerful story
• Highly empathetic, and able to build rapport quickly
• Clear, articulate verbal communication
• Excellent phone manner and interviewing skills
• Ability to think on your feet and adapt quickly
• Calm under pressure and able to moderate responses to unexpected situations
• Computer literate
• Experience handling confidential information discretely and respectfully
128 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here