Full-Time Chief Executive Officer
Do you love the Wellington region? Do you care about our natural environment and cultural diversity, our vital social services, our vibrant arts scene and our amazing sporting and recreational opportunities? Are you an energetic leader with a strong understanding of the region’s community organisations? Could you be our next Chief Executive?
The Wellington Community Trust is an independent funder in the Wellington region, which encompasses Wellington city, the Hutt Valley, Porirua and the Kāpiti Coast, as far north as Ōtaki. We are on the hunt for a new CEO. You’ll lead a small team of four smart and dedicated staff, and work closely with a strong, engaged Board of 10 with a clear vision for supporting local community initiatives in the region.
We grant approx. $2.5m pa across the region and are responsible for $72m of funds under management.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role, preferably in the community or philanthropic sector.
• Proven commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
• Proven commitment to community building, community development and sustainability principles.
• Experience in financial stewardship.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong track record of running high quality processes and systems.
• Demonstrated skills in engagement, collaboration, negotiation and influencing.
• Experience in working with a board.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• High level of cultural competence.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative thinking.
• Connections to Te Ao Māori and knowledge of tikanga and Te Reo Māori is desirable.
• Knowledge of investment, including impact investing, is desirable.
In return we offer an interesting and varied role that has scope to develop further in a flexible, family-friendly work environment in the heart of the CBD (with a car park), a competitive remuneration package and great working conditions.
941 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here