Contract Chief Executive Officer
• Strategic and operational role; focus on growth and development
• 12 month fixed term contract
• Based in central Wellington
Age Concern Wellington exists to promote the rights, wellbeing and quality of life for older people in the Wellington region and to promote positive attitudes to ageing in the community.
Reporting to the Board Chair, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and overall management of the organisation’s operational activities with the support of a small team. Key priorities of the CEO for the initial contract term will be to raise awareness of the organisation; grow revenue through increased membership, funding opportunities and diversification of service offering; and to continue to build a strong volunteer base.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an important contribution to the ongoing success of the organisation through this key leadership role. It could be suitable for either an experienced or emerging senior leader. The initial term of the CEO’s contract is 12 months with the possibility for it to be renewed, based on the demonstrated potential to build Age Concern Wellington into a viable and sustainable organisation.
• A successful track record of leadership within the not for profit or community sector
• Experience in fundraising and maximising funding opportunities
• A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
• Ability to translate strategic direction as determined by the Board into successful operational initiatives
• Proven business acumen and financial literacy
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and working with media
• Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 20 January 2019
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
Christmas shutdown: Please note that our offices will be closed from midday Friday 21 December to Monday 7 January 2019. We will action any enquiries promptly upon our return.
221 total views, 18 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here