Casual Casual Assistant
L’Arche Kapiti is looking to hire Assistants (personal support workers) on an “as needed basis” (Casual) in our Paraparaumu homes and day programme. The successful applicants will have a passion for journeying with, and supporting individuals with an intellectual disability in their home and community settings.
Hours as needed by community, but if called, can expect:
In the L’Arche homes:
Monday/Tuesday: 7-9:00 am and/or 3-8:00 pm
Wednesday: Anytime between 9-3:00
Thursday/Friday: 7-9:00 am and/or 3-8:00 pm
Weekends: any time possible
In the L’Arche Day Programme:
Between 9-3:00 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays
Skill-set and Qualities of Successful Applicants
• An appreciation for the gifts and contributions that adults with intellectual disability bring to society, and a desire and openness to learn from one another.
• A commitment to the Identity and Mission of L’Arche communities
• Experience with supporting adults in the disability and/or aged care sectors
• Experience working in team settings
• Experience living in a L’Arche community (if possible)
• Has the minimum Careerforce Level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing (or the equivalent), or a willingness to work towards it
• Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize if need be
• Very strong communication skills
• A current driver’s license would be appreciated
The successful candidate can expect to earn between anywhere between $19.80- $23.00/per hour, depending on one’s level of qualification and experience.
682 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here