Part-Time Caseworker/Social Worker
Case Worker 25 hours per week
BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF MANAWATU
Big Brothers Big Sisters, the world’s premier mentoring programme for children and youth in the Manawatu, is looking for a Social Worker/Case Worker.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Manawatu has been making a positive difference in the lives of young people through strong and enduring, professionally supported, mentoring relationships for over 11 years.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Social Worker to join our growing organisation in the Manawatu. This role may suit an experienced Social Worker looking to reduce their current hours or complex work environment to a more stress-free, family-friendly workplace with flexible hours.
The successful candidate will have:
• NZQA recognised social work qualification
• The ability to deliver a high quality of client care
• Experience in working with families and young people
• The ability to work flexibly and creatively
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to work with a wider range of people
• Be culturally appropriate and whose practice is consistent with the Treaty of Waitangi
The successful candidate will be provided with
• A positive and supportive family-friendly workplace
• Access to a work vehicle for work-related appointments and travel
• Provision of external supervision and on-going professional development
Reporting directly to the Manager, this role will include but not limited to:
• Interviews with mentors, young people and their families
• Liaison with schools, funders and mentors, young people and their families
• Promotion and recruitment and training of mentors
• Casework administration
• Assisting in the planning of mentor and young people activities
• Planning, implementation and review of client interventions
• Cultural appropriateness and consistency with the Treaty of Waitangi
• This is a 2 year fixed term contract (that may be extended, funding permitting)
• The successful candidate must have New Zealand Residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
• A current and full NZ driver’s license
494 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here