Full-Time Cannons Creek Boxing Academy Manager
The Cannons Creek Boxing Academy (CCBA) has become a strategic youth facility in the Porirua community over the last 5 years.
• Our Vision: Vibrant, independent and responsible youth contributing to their community
• Our Mission: Empowering youth to be the best they can be
• Every day we interact with amazing young people and help them achieve their potential
• The Cannons Creek Youth Charitable Trust is currently looking for an Academy Manager. Whilst we are a ‘boxing academy’, our primary purpose is Youth Development.
• The person we are looking for will be passionate about youth in Porirua and may already be involved in the Porirua community.
• The successful applicant will need to work well in a small team. You will work closely with the Head Coach and Lead Female Coach, supporting them so they can care for our young people and whanau. You will also support our volunteer coaches and others within the wider organisation.
• Along with managing the academy, you will be a key support for whanau whom we currently have relationship with and develop strategies to engage with those we do not.
• You will engage with the community in Cannons Creek/Porirua e.g. visiting schools, attending community events, meeting with Police and attending functions with the organisation as required.
• It would be an advantage to have a qualification in youth work or social work or both, but you do not need to be an expert in boxing; we will provide you with boxing information required in accordance with our Billy Graham Youth Foundation model. You will need strong administration skills including Microsoft Office, database experience and social media savvy.
• This role reports to the Cannons Creek Youth Charitable Trust Board and will be supported by the Billy Graham Youth Foundation Academy Manager Support. We work closely with our ‘sister’ academy, Naenae Boxing Academy (and others around Aotearoa), all who are part of the Billy Graham Youth Foundation family.
How to Apply
Email a copy of your CV and cover letter to [email protected] * If you would like more information on the role, including a Job Description please call Sinead on 022 343 5997 * Applications close Tuesday 22nd October 2019 @ 5pm
605 total views, 21 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here