Board position Board Trustees
We’re seeking passionate and committed Board Members to help drive Grandfriends forward and assist our Founder with the direction and decision making of our charity.
GrandFriends by Surrogate Grandparents is a New Zealand based Charitable Trust (CC54933) whose aim is to connect families with (of any age) for mutual benefit, support, companionship and the prevention of social isolation and loneliness.
We have been in operation since 2016 and are currently experiencing significant growth which requires additional volunteers to help us manage this.
That all New Zealand whanau’s and GrandFriends are socially connected and fully supported.
Showing Kindness, generosity and support for others.
To be the connector of generations and the builder of supported families through our GrandFriends programme and other initiatives.
Our Headquarters is currently based in North Auckland so regular meetings will take place in the Auckland area. We are happy to skype/zoom non Auckland based members in if required.
We’d love some Board members who can help us where and when we need it. This includes being involved in events, fundraising, spreading the word about the services we offer, organising coffee groups and meeting our members. If you would be keen on this ad hoc work, as well as playing a part in the decision making and direction of the charity, then we would love to hear from you.
– You are committed to the Grandfriends Vision, Values and Mission
– You are open minded, a strong leader and strategic thinker
– You are committed to the role and will prioritise meetings and ad hoc work
– You have great relationship building skills and will take a keen interest in our Members and Volunteers
You have experience in one or more of the following areas (preferred but not essential):
– Strategic Planning and Policy making – help us future proof our organisation, and ensure we are crossing all T’s and dotting all I’s.
– Marketing & Communications – bring your awesome skills to our marketing materials, social media, and communications. If you are a master at Facebook/Instagram & Pinterest, all the better!
– Grant writing and applications – sell our services to the world of philanthropy, and help us bring in the bacon for all the projects and ideas we have!
– Fundraising & Events – are you an organiser extraordinaire? Do you have fabulous ideas that can bring in some essential funds, then we want you!
– Sponsorship & Partnerships – do you have the connections we need to boost our charitable Trust to new heights?
– Operations Management – oversee the day to day management and running of the organisation, liaise with the Team members on the ground, assist with volunteer recruitment, ensure all our systems are upto scratch, and anything else that is required for the smooth running of our operations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in getting involved – we’d love to hear from you. Please email [email protected] in the first instance with your cv, and a cover letter detailing your experience and how you think you can contribute to the future of our Charitable Trust
168 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here