Part-Time Auckland Local Election Project Coordinator
RockEnrol exists to build and activate political power for young people (those under 30) in Aotearoa New Zealand. We combine popular culture (e.g. social media influencers, music and events) with tested community organising tactics and digital technology to inspire young people to vote, and connect voting to the issues that young people care about. We are nonpartisan.
We work directly with, and for, young people. RockEnrol is dedicated to building the political power of young people by identifying issues important to young voters, engaging youth in the electoral process and urging politicians to pay attention to issues that matter to young voters. Our goal is to reinvigorate our country’s democracy and redefine citizenship for a generation.
This year, we are turning our attention to local elections. In 2010, only a third of those aged under 24 voted, compared with more than 70 percent turnout in older age groups. In 2016, 76 percent of all candidates were aged 45 years and older. We need your help to fix this.
We are looking for a dynamic Project Coordinator who can deliver projects to increase the number of young people voting in Auckland’s local election.
Your role will include:
– Designing and delivering creative ways to engage young people in the local election.
– Building our database of young Aucklanders to encourage them to vote.
– Recruiting and training young Aucklanders to enrol their friends and crowd.
– Recruiting and coordinating young Aucklanders to organise voting events for their friends and crowd.
– Amplifying the voices of young Aucklanders on social media.
– Organising a bulk text campaign to SMS every young person you engage through the above processes to remind them to vote.
There is a limited budget for events and social media, so you will have to make each dollar count. You will have some experience organising events and coordinating volunteers, but this doesn’t have to be in a paid capacity. You will need to be relatively tech savvy with social media, Mailchimp and GSuite.
24 hours per week from Monday 6 May – Friday 1 November 2019.
$30 an hour.
Phone, laptop and desk in a coworking space provided.
You will report to the RockEnrol Steering Committee.
1083 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here