Full-Time Association Manager
- Lead a small high performing team
- Reporting to the Executive Director
- Based in central Wellington; full time but 0.8FTE considered
The Retirement Villages Association (RVA) is a voluntary industry association that represents the interests of registered retirement village owners, developers and managers throughout New Zealand, as well as individuals and organisations who supply goods and services to the retirement village industry.
Reporting to the Executive Director, key responsibilities of the Association Manager are governance support, member support and education, management of the RVA Accreditation Programme, management of the complaints process, database, website and communications management.
You will be responsible for the Accounts Administrator and have full financial management oversight, as well as responsibility for the management of administration services and smooth day to day running of the office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to stamp your mark and grow and develop your skill set, whilst using your expert financial, relationship, people and office management skills to make a real difference to the future success of the organisation and those we represent the interests of.
To achieve this, you will need to demonstrate proven success in a similar management role in a small office environment, as well as the ability to take initiative and build relationships of trust and confidence. Your direct reports are the Accounts Administrator and Membership Engagement and Administration Officer, and you will be part of a friendly and collaborative team environment.
The position is full time, 40 hours per week, however 0.8FTE would be considered and flexible working options provided; this is on the proviso that you could work full time in the month leading up to the conference.
- Business and people management experience, including a successful track record in financial management and budgeting
- Collaborative with highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Well balanced judgement and decision-making ability
- Solutions focused with the ability to think outside the square
- An enquiring mind and a continuous improvement mindset
- Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
- Experience using Xero is desirable, although not essential
- An understanding of the political system would be advantageous, in order to deputise for the Executive Director and assist with advocacy and lobbying activities
282 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here