Voluntary Area Coordinators – Big Heart Appeal
We are looking for big-hearted volunteer Area Coordinators to play a key role in the organisation of our biggest fundraiser of the year – the Big Heart Appeal!
As a volunteer Area Coordinator, you would be involved in the lead up to and during the Big Heart Appeal street collection (Friday 21 and Saturday 22 February 2020). Prior to the event, you would assist with the recruitment, coordination and support of volunteers and during the street collection days you would oversee these volunteers at multiple collection sites in your local area. Help with banking donated funds. Arrange the return of Street Collector equipment (buckets,bibs,stickers and bank bags) to the Heart Foundation.
Your skills and attributes:
• Passionate and aligned with the Heart Foundation’s mission and the heart health cause
• A reliable and organised self-starter
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-spoken and confident to engage with diverse groups (in person and over the phone)
• Confident when providing guidance and coordinating a team of volunteers
• Some experience in administration and/or coordination
• Basic word, excel and email skills
• Current driver’s licence (access to a vehicle would be preferable).
Time commitment and required resources:
• Up to 2 hours per week in February, in the leadup to the Big Heart Appeal, and up to 8 hours on the street collection days.
• You will need to have regular access to email, the internet and a working mobile phone
• Please note that expenses for pre-approved local travel can be compensated.
286 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here