- Role with a positive purpose – empowering youth through adventurous experiences
- Collaborative, supportive and inclusive team culture
- Permanent, full time position with genuine flexible working arrangements
Every week across New Zealand, Scouts Aotearoa delivers exciting and adventurous programmes to 13,000 youth members through the passion and dedication of approximately 5,000 adult volunteers. Scouts are committed to growth, quality and making a difference in the lives of young people.
Due to the incumbent not returning from maternity leave, they are now looking for an exceptional person to join them as their new Administrator.
Sitting in the service support team, and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for completing a broad range of administrative and operational duties to support the national functions and volunteers across NZ. Key responsibilities include:
- Administration of the national awards system, including attending and overseeing national award ceremonies
- Processing membership applications and maintaining databases to ensure information is relevant and up to date
- Providing basic IT support to volunteers including password resets and troubleshooting of the organisation’s digital platforms
- Providing administrative support to aid in the delivery of training, workshops, conferences and other meetings as required
- Providing general support to volunteers via emails and phone calls
- Booking flights, accommodation and travel arrangements for volunteers and staff
This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours per week) with 1-2 days per week worked from their national office in Kaiwharawhara, Wellington. There is flexibility as to whether the remainder of your week is worked from home or the national office, so long as you have a home office set up.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys the variety, challenge and breadth of responsibilities that come with working in not for profit organisations. You will enjoy building strong relationships and ensuring volunteers feel valued and supported, and no matter how busy your day is, you’re always friendly, helpful and professional.
This is a great role in an organisation with a very positive culture, low staff turnover and a role which offers genuine flexibility around when and where you complete your work.
- Proven administration experience in a similar role
- Strong relationship building capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong customer service focus with a friendly, helpful and professional disposition
- A keen interested in the not-for-profit/voluntary and community sectors
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, Google Suite and CRM databases
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously
- Able to travel and stay overnight (within Aotearoa) for approx. two nights per quarter
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 30th June 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser:
309 total views, 8 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here