Part-Time Accounts Administrator
We are looking for a team member to take initiative and improve our internal accounting systems. You will be working directly with the CEO to streamline and improve existing systems with the support of our remote CFO/accountant. You will be directly responsible for efficiently managing the financial information within the company is kept up to date.
About the Brand:
Little Yellow Bird creates fair trade, organic and natural fibre clothing that are fully recyclable and closed loop. We make clothes that are fair for people and the planet. We do this by ensuring the best practices are followed during the manufacturing process and continue to care for our products well after they’ve been worn and loved with options for repair, return and recycling. We strive to be zero waste and we provide free returns on all of our products with the ability to turn them back into new fibres at the end of their usable life. Little Yellow Bird has doubled revenue over the last 12 months and we require a dedicated internal person to help us manage our accounting systems as we grow. This is a part time Wellington based role and we are ideally looking for someone who can commit 2-3 hours per day 4-5 days per week with the possibility of extra hours as needed.
- Work in an award-winning organisation that is genuinely about making positive change.
- Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with our remote CFO.
- Be part of an organisation that is b-corp and living wage certified that values and practices diversity and inclusion Flexible working hours with a family-friendly workplace culture.
- Wellington based location.
What we’re looking for:
Little Yellow Bird is a stimulating and fast-paced work environment, so you will need to excel in the excitement and pressures of a high-growth, early-stage business. You will be flexible, decisive and able to respond well to change, and you will have outstanding problem solving, decision making and communication skills. While you will have a defined role, you’ll also need to be ready to occasionally roll up your sleeves when needed and get involved in the day-to-day, this could include anything from sending a parcel to the inspection of an incoming shipment.
- Work alongside the sales and customer service team to raise sales orders in Cin7 and manage invoices in Xero efficiently and accurately
- Raise accounts receivable invoices using the company’s accounting system in accordance with standard company processes.
- Raise accounts payable invoices using the company’s accounting system in accordance with standard company processes.
- Seek approval from account signatory authorities and pay accounts payable bills via online banking.
- Audit purchase receipts for all major purchases to ensure a receipt exists and a copy is kept.
- Scan and file receipts electronically to hubdocs following the approved company processes for purchases.
- Initiate and manage direct debits to ensure accuracy of information and correct amounts are processed.
- Contact customers in default to organise payment and determine a payment arrangement.
- Bank account reconciliations in Xero.
- Load and run payroll.
- Process staff leave requests and manage staff information in our HR System. Collate information and process reports as required by Senior Management.
- Respond to customer accounting related inquiries in a timely and efficient manner by telephone and email.
- Bank cheques and facilitate company deposits of payments into the company bank account. To actively contribute both ideas and skills towards the improvement and efficiency of the company’s processes and procedures.
- To be a problem solver who actively seeks to find simple, cost effective solutions to problems with a minimum of instruction.
- Booking travel and accommodation and other ad-hoc duties as required. From time to time it may be necessary to undertake various duties not included in the job description.
Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years in a similar role and/or accounting and financial background.
- Experience using Xero Experience using Cin7 or similar inventory management software
- Experience using Payroll and HR systems.
555 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here