Criteria for job listings on Do Good Jobs. See more information on our terms and conditions page.
If you are unsure if your job vacancy fits, please email us at [email protected] to check.
Ads are published on payment, however Do Good Jobs reserves the right to withdraw any advert if it does not meet any of our criteria or is defined as an unacceptable listing.
We listen to our community, so if they see an issue with a job advert we will withdraw this listing immediately and contact you to resolve this. You will be allowed to make changes to the listing to ensure it meets our criteria.
There are a number of job listings that will not be accepted on this website which include:
- Listings may not be solely faith-based role. However, if the primary focus of the role was in the development sector, environmental sector or community-related sector (Do Good Jobs criteria), it would be acceptable. For example, a community support role that helps feed the homeless, but is led by a faith-based group.
- Companies who sole purpose is in regards to generating income, may not be considered appropriate for this website. If you are driven by a social aim, this is acceptable. Please contact us to discuss your role before listing.
- Listings may not be for military work, security services or oil industry roles.
- Organisations that promote discrimination or human rights violations may not submit listings. The Human Rights Act 1993 protects people in New Zealand from unfair discrimination in a number of areas – including in job listings. Read more on the Human Rights Commission’s website, including this handy reference guide aimed at ensuring equality and fairness for all job applicants.
- Misleading listings – listings must only be for genuine work, contracts or volunteering opportunities.
- Illegitimate activities – in the opinion of the website this means it does not involve violate international law, break the law of countries where work is undertaken, or break applicable New Zealand law.
- Listings for the purpose of defrauding others.