Not For Profit
Our vision is :Whānau tupu ng ā tahi — Families growing together
Playcentre is a family organisation where:
* we empower adults and children to play, work, learn and grow together
* we honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and celebrate people’s uniqueness
* we value and affirm parents as the first and best educators of their children so that whānau are strengthened and communities enriched.
Playcentre philosophy is based on child-initiated play and recognises the parents as the first and best educators of their own children. Playcentre families receive a unique early childhood experience with opportunities for whanau/families to learn together.
Playcentre offers a programme of education for whanau/parents that emphasises parenting and early childhood education including learning in child development, play and learning, parenting skills, planning and delivering early childhood education, facilitation and management skills.
Unique within the early childhood sector, Playcentres are cooperatively managed by parents with support from the regional and national teams.
Area of Focus
Current job listings
- Regional Manager – Northern Hub New Zealand Playcentre Federation
- North Shore City, Auckland
- Date Posted
- 6 Dec 2018