Part-Time Youth Programmes Co-ordinator
The Peace Foundation offers innovative and quality programmes, services and resources that are used in many schools, homes and communities – both in NZ and overseas. We work towards establishing and maintaining peaceful and non-violent relationships by teaching skills that encourage better communication, co-operation and non-violent conflict resolution.
The Youth Co-ordinator is responsible for administering and delivering peace and disarmament activities, events, resources and services for youth, teachers and the general public (specifically nuclear disarmament at the present time). The purpose is to build awareness among New Zealanders on the importance of disarmament and peace, and to foster pride in New Zealand’s nuclear-free legislation among young New Zealanders.
The ideal candidate would have:
– a background / experience in disarmament and peace issues and education
– tertiary level degree in International Relations, Political Science, Law, Conflict Resolution or relevant field. Post-graduate level ideal.
– experience working in a not-for-profit organisation; experience with funding applications and accountability reports highly advantageous
– sound research skills; ability to create presentations on complex topics in understandable ways for young people
– digitally savvy
– excellent oral and written communication skills
The current hours for this position are 10 hours a week; however there is potential for expanded hours, depending on funding. Flexible working hours. Starting date negotiable – preferably January 2019.
Applications close on the 12th December. Apply now!
408 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here