Voluntary Red Cross Street Collection Volunteers
Do you want to do good and help vulnerable people, but don’t have a lot of spare time? Would you like to meet like-minded people and learn about the largest humanitarian organization in the world? We have an exciting opportunity to take part in the New Zealand Red Cross Wellington Street Appeal 28 and 29 March 2019. All it takes is one hour to do good.
New Zealand Red Cross is a member National Society of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), which is the world’s largest humanitarian organization. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, their work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas whose lives have become vulnerable through conflict, disaster or circumstance.
• Inspire and encourage the public to donate without being ‘pushy’
• Deliver a consistent high standard of customer service to the public including to ‘meet and greet’ the public through open and interactive communication
• Request any collateral or fund collections in a timely manner to ensure your station is always stocked
• If necessary use Tap & Go terminals terminals to collect donations from the public by card
• Return the bucket sealed with the security sticker
This year’s Street Appeal is over a two-day period:
• Thursday 28 March 2019 – Supermarkets
• Friday 29 March 2019 – Street Appeal
How to Apply
If you looking for a position which allows you to give back to your community as well as assisting those less fortunate around the world, apply now! For further information please contact Inge De Leeuw at [email protected].
49 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here