Part-Time Volunteer Team Leader – Food Rescue Superstar
Be a part of Fair Food – West Auckland’s food rescue organisation – and join us in generating positive social and environmental outcomes in our communities as we feed people and not landfill, and connect communities. See us in action at instagram.com/fairfoodnz and fairfood.org.nz.
Are you willing and able to recruit, support, motivate, develop and celebrate volunteers within our organisation, ensuring a caring, positive environment?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and attentive Volunteer Team Leader to help set up and develop our expanding volunteer programme and to coordinate the recruitment and training of new volunteers for the Fair Food hub, programmes and events.
The ideal candidate will build relationships with volunteers, keeping them engaged, supported and fulfilled while we undertake our mission together.
The Volunteer Team Leader is responsible for training volunteers, for volunteer Health and Safety induction and for overseeing the food sort and allocations each day.
They will also be required to represent Fair Food at volunteering events and take part in public speaking or presentations as required to community or corporate groups.
● A ‘people-person’, passionate and caring about the well-being of people
● Able to build relationships, relating and engaging with people from diverse cultural and social backgrounds, world-views, and experiences
● Strong attention to detail and follow up, including attention to administrative tasks such as managing rosters, keeping databases up to date, updating training manuals
● Comfortable speaking to small to medium-sized groups
● Able to work independently, taking responsibility and working proactively
● Skilled at developing and managing new systems and processes
● Personal experience volunteering a bonus
● Previous experience in Volunteer Team Leadership or Management a bonus
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, usually between 11am – 3pm at our base in Avondale, with likelihood of increased hours over time.
These hours have flexibility as the Volunteer Team Leader will also need to be available to work the occasional evening and weekend as volunteer inductions or other events may necessitate.
569 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here