Full-Time Volunteer Engagement Officer
Full-Time permanent position
Conservation Volunteers is New Zealand’s leading practical conservation organisation. Each day, we manage teams of volunteers undertaking priority projects across New Zealand which make a significant contribution to our environment.
As the Volunteer Engagement Officer, you will be responsible for the promotion and coordination of volunteer engagement within the region and have full responsibility for leading some practical conservation team based activities. To be successful in this role, you will have several years demonstrated experience within the volunteer sector, combined with skills and experience in leading team activities.
In doing this you will be contributing to the achievement of our Mission Statement:
“To attract and manage volunteers to participate in projects which protect or enhance our environment and heritage”.
This role encompasses all aspects of volunteer engagement and recruitment, leading teams and organisation and office administration duties including but not limited to:
• Proactively recruit and maintain volunteer numbers to fill teams to agreed levels within region
• Leading teams, both on a cover basis when team leaders are unavailable and for any specific program requirements within the region
• Managing and responding to all incoming enquiries in a timely and accurate fashion
• Managing all applications and placements on project teams, including maintenance of volunteer information data sheets
• Inducting individuals and teams using agreed CVA process and induction materials provided
• Managing volunteer distribution (‘volunteer movements’) across all offices within the Territory
• Increasing community awareness through the promotion of CVA’s programs and initiatives as requested by the Regional Manager
• Conducting effective presentations as requested by the Regional Manager in order to create and maintain strategic community involvement networks including: student, volunteer, media, youth, community and environment contacts
• Maintaining statistics, recording information and providing reports as required
• Professional phone manner, broad experience in database management and Microsoft office suite
• Ensuring the general welfare and safety of volunteers/participants, including strict adherence to Conservation Volunteers’ OH&S policies and procedures
In this role, it will be necessary to lead teams from time to time and to work outside normal office hours to assist and organise volunteers. This position would ideally suit a local candidate and preference will be given to applicants already living within the region.
680 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here