Full-Time Visitor Rangers
Full time permanent and 0.8 FTE part time permanent positions available
Welcome to our wild party! Join Wellington Zoo on our journey to igniting a zoo revolution. We have two fabulous opportunities to join our Communications, Engagement and Conservation team:
• One full time permanent Visitor Ranger (this position will require working one weekend day)
• One part-time (0.8) permanent Visitor Ranger (this position is for Friday – Monday)
We are looking for individuals who can provide the best possible experience for all Zoo visitors every day connecting people with animals and the wider work of the Zoo. Visitor Rangers will ensure that all visitor programmes are delivered to a high quality underpinned by strong conservation action messages. Visitor Rangers engage visitors with their infectious energy, drive and enthusiasm to help deliver high quality visitor learning programmes.
Wellington Zoo is a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals – within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the kaupapa Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. We lead the way in modelling sustainable behaviours, and it is up to us to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
Are you someone who:
• Is available to work weekends
• Loves working with people
• Has a strong customer focus and is open, friendly, and curious
• Thrives on being creative and enthusiastic
• Demonstrates excellent organisational skills
• Has previous experience working in a visitor attraction or education facility
• Is interested in the fields of learning and interpretation
• Has a passion for animals, conservation and sustainability?
616 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here