Micro-volunteer Virtual Web Development
Web developer who can help update a website/web portal by helping to understand current site functionality and plan, execute the build, test and delivery of the new site/portal.
1. Work with the Technology and Business teams to update/build the assigned website/web portal.
2. Interacts with the business analysis team to understand project requirements
3. Develops overall architecture/ product design documents, technical design specifications for individual modules and technology justifications for architectural considerations.
5. Execute all visual design stages from concept to construction. Create wireframes, user flows, process flows, and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
6. Customise the site to track project progress updates and analytics effectively.
7. Ensure integration of entire system or subsystem
8. Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to the helpdesk and/ or maintenance team to help resolve technical issues with production systems by debugging, research and investigation.
9. Develop using Java and J2EE/ .NET and C#/PHP based web applications using appropriate frameworks as required by customer. Develop secure web services. And integrate APIs, third-party tools as required
10. Create PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and associated PL/ SQL or SQL database scripts as needed.
11. Develop build packages for deployment
12. Applies standard coding practices and industry standards.
2. Content Management Systems – SquareSpace, WordPress, GoDaddy
3. Should be able to work independently with min supervision – be able to prioritise tasks and work on tight deadlines. Ideally has worked as a freelance programmer or has similar volunteer experience.
4. Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical team members
5. Good experience in writing SQL queries, testing software, executing test plans, providing updates and reports, supporting UATs, conduct deployment and support issues.
6. Has experience with Data and entity modelling and can read and interpret ERD and EDM
7. Has strong time management and research skills, deals with complexity comfortably, and works quickly without sacrificing quality
8. Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, troubleshooting abilities to get to the source of problems, think critically regarding possible risk-based solutions and establish mitigation plans to reduce recurrence
9. Display the high level of critical thinking in order to weigh alternatives and present solutions that are satisfy business requirements
10. Must be comfortable with research and documentation, collaborating with a diverse and distributed team. Must be a team player
56 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here