Full-Time Veterinary Science Manager
Our dream is to ignite a Zoo revolution. Wellington Zoo is a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals – within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. It is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home. The Nest Te Kōhanga is a unique part of the Wellington Zoo’s offer to our community and it provides our visitors with unrestricted viewing of our Veterinary team in action.
We currently have an exciting position for a qualified Veterinary Science Manager to join our team at The Nest Te Kōhanga on a permanent full time basis.
The Veterinary Science Manager is responsible for the management and development of The Nest Te Kōhanga including veterinary care and visitor experience. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be responsible for teaching and training staff, showcasing the work of The Nest Te Kōhanga to the wider community, and overseeing and contributing to veterinary research papers and projects.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have:
• A current veterinary qualification that is recognised in New Zealand
• A minimum of five years demonstrated veterinary experience- zoo experience is
• A record of published scientific work or research
• Demonstrated leadership experience and capability in teaching and training
• Demonstrated experience in relationship management and people management
• Strong management skills with emphasis on working to time and budget
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications, web-based research and
familiarity with zoo record systems such as ZIMS.
• Excellent communication, visitor engagement skills and confidence in engaging
with our visitors during veterinary procedures.
191 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here