Full-Time Upper Hutt Service Lead
UPPER HUTT SERVICE LEAD
• A qualified and registered social service or youth development professional
• A highly skilled innovative leader with significant experience in working with young people
• Passionate about youth health and development
• Looking for an exciting opportunity to support a team, and to help shape services for young people into the future
Vibe (Hutt Valley Youth Health Trust) is the Hutt Valley’s Youth One Stop Shop delivering holistic health and wellbeing services to any young person aged 10-24 living in the Hutt Valley. Vibe has been delivering services which support young people to thrive and achieve their potential for the past 22+ years.
Vibe is at an exciting time in our journey where we are wanting to strengthen our services and position ourselves to continue supporting young people into the future.
The Upper Hutt Service Lead is an exciting new position that will provide leadership to our satellite site and team based in Upper Hutt. This is a key leadership role within Vibe, and will work closely with the Vibe Management team to stabilise and grow Vibe’s satellite site and services in Upper Hutt.
This position is responsible for a team of social workers, youth coaches, and support staff working under several different service contracts. The position is also responsible for leading practice and for ensuring that we are accountable to our various stakeholders (including young people and funders) for the services we deliver.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant will will have the skills and experience required to meet the demands of the role including:
• A Social Work or other social service qualification with a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience
• A keen interest, and significant experience in working with young people, including those with complex needs
• An experienced team leader and practice supervisor
• Experience in managing contracts and service deliverables
• A strategic thinker, but also able to work competently on detail
• Proven organisational ability, and able to implement systems and processes
• Versatility and self management
• A great attitude and willingness to work collaborative
• The ability to cultivate relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including young people, government and community partners and Vibe’s multi-disciplinary team
WHAT’S ON OFFER
• A fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team who are passionate about youth health and development
• Working within an organisation that is committed to continually developing our practice and services to achieve great outcomes with young people in our community
• Training and development opportunities in youth health and development
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? Please email Erin Cassidy, [email protected] for an application pack.
Applications close 5:00 pm 24 April 2019.
487 total views, 11 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here