Full-Time Union Organiser
· Applicants must have a solid understanding of New Zealand’s Trade Union
movement, and it would be an advantage to have an understanding of the Retail,
Finance and Transport, Logistics and Manufacturing sector.
· Develop workplace leaders, by appointing and supporting effective delegates
· Conduct union activity across the worksites and industry(ies) within the geographical
area assigned to the organiser
· Handle disputes which may arise, representing members and providing support – and
ensuring delegates are involved in the process/activity.
· Act as advocate in negotiating collective employment agreements
· To carry out any other functions on behalf of the union as may be required by the
· Have good I.T. skills and be able to work independently from a sole charge branch
The successful applicant will have good one-to-one and group communication skills and
have a strong commitment to giving workers the opportunity to be part of a union.
Experience as a union delegate, union organiser and/or an activist in community campaigns
is desirable. Applicants must have a strong commitment to the trade union movement.
263 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here