Full-Time Tumu Whakarae – CEO – Chief Executive Officer
Rotomā No 1 Incorporation welcomes a leader who demonstrates a strong commitment to leading and safeguarding the future whānau, hapū and iwi.
- Navigate and lead this organisation by inspiring, enabling and innovating as you continuously deliver on the strategic plan.
- This is a great opportunity and challenge for an experienced leader who is collaborative, relationship oriented and an excellent communicator.
- Based in Rotorua.
Ko wai mātou? – Who are we? – A little about the company and history.
Rotomā No.1 Incorporation (Rotomā) was established in 1908 to administer 6,637 acres on the shore of Lake Rotomā. Rotomā has a current asset base of $90 million primarily in forestry and property.
Our vision is clear:
Standing strong and proud on our whenua
Our whenua sustains the hapū
Utilising all our whenua
Increasing shareholder wealth
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga – The nature of the position
The intent of the Tumu Whakarae – CEO position, is to navigate and lead the organisation. You will work collaboratively with the Committee of Management setting a clear and insightful strategy that increases our assets and strengthens our shareholders and their whānau.
Building capacity at all levels to ensure Rotomā is well positioned for future growth, you will set about reviewing strategic initiatives with a focus on supporting whānau in a meaningful way and monitoring investments to ensure optimal performance. Continually researching new opportunities, you will examine current internal structures, systems and processes ensuring they are fit for purpose to deliver on strategic goals.
Developing and implementing a performance process that will ensure the team is focussed on delivering to the strategic goals, will see you lead, guide, and coach individuals be the best they can be.
Not shy in seeking new and innovative ways of generating income and maintaining key relationships, you will have the confidence to drive business and ensure key stakeholder relationships are strengthened.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako – Essential skills/experiences for the role
Skills, knowledge and experience required for application will include;
- Previous experience at executive level essential.
- Skilled in the formation, implementation, and execution of policy and of strategic plans.
- Experience in managing commercial assets.
- Knowledge of te reo me ōna tikanga, the awareness of iwi – hapū dynamics and the sensitivity of the kaupapa.
- Has a reputation among Kaumātua and Kuia as someone who is trusted and leads in a tika, pono and aroha way.
- An excellent report writing skill set, able to analyse complex information such as legislation and policy.
- High levels of financial acumen, experience providing risk mitigation and risk minimisation strategies and the experience in working with and providing expert advice to Boards.
- A skill set which has seen you build people capacity and capability by providing coaching, support, feedback and role modelling tika behaviours.
- Able to demonstrate the proven ability to work collaboratively to develop and grow relationships proactively.
- Display innovation, enthusiasm, and passion – able to think outside of the box, eager to find new ways to innovate and deliver.
- Ideally hold a degree or MBA.
Drawing on your own Mana, you will be leading with a strong cultural competency, an absence of ego and the passion to bring about long-term, generational change for whānau and communities.
Te tono – How to apply:
To apply for this position or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker now on (09) 632 1108 or email your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Applications close: Monday the 22nd of August 2022 at 5.00pm.
To apply for this position or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to; [email protected]
Applications close: Monday the 22nd August 2022 at 5.00pm.
256 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here