Board position Trustee
Newtown Ethical Lending Trust – Trustee Position
Are you passionate about helping people? Interested in micro-finance?
Would you like to shape the future of New Zealand’s ethical financing?
If so, you could be just what we’re looking for.
The Newtown Ethical Lending Trust is a charitable organisation that works with budgeting services and community groups to make interest-free loans to low-income households in Wellington.
We are now taking expressions of interests to join our Board of Trustees.
We’re looking for community-minded people who are able to bring their diverse skills and experience to make a positive contribution to our Trust and help move it into its next phase.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
We welcome people with a range of skills and backgrounds, however we are particularly interested in people with:
– an awareness of poverty issues and the issues faced by people on low incomes
– knowledge of financial management and the budget advisory sector
– experience in governance
– a positive attitude and an ability to make things happen
Also desirable is any of the following:
– networks in Pacific Island and/or Maori communities
– experience in fundraising
– communications experience.
– we have 6 trustee meetings each year which are evening meetings of up to 2 hours
– Trustees also review loan applications made to us and the time spent on this is approximately 5-6 hours per month on average. Loan application reviews are conducted online.
384 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here