Board position Treasurer, Evolve Board
Do you have a passion for removing barriers to healthcare for young people? Are you interested in governance and have experience as a not-for-profit treasurer or accountant?
EVOLVE are looking for a new Treasurer for our Board. We are actively seeking someone with an accounting or finance background or significant experience as a Treasurer for a medium not for profit (25 staff).
This role is part-time and unpaid, and approximately 15 hours per month. Board meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of every month at our Cuba Street location, and run from 5.30-7.30.
Key duties include:
– Oversight of EVOLVE’s finances
– Making recommendations to the EVOLVE Board about income and expenditure, investments and debts
– Reviewing the annual statement of financial performance and statement of financial positions
– Working with our auditor to ensure the audit process is undertaken in a timely fashion according to legal requirements
– Working with our finance contractor to prepare a monthly financial statement for the EVOLVE Board
– Ensuring that EVOLVE has sufficient funds at all times to support liabilities and that finances are managed appropriately.
– Playing a part in EVOLVE consensus based governance decision making.
EVOLVE commits to upholding te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles and a working knowledge of te Tiriti is highly desirable.
We are particularly keen to hear from those connected to communities that might otherwise not receive appropriate or adequate healthcare, such as LGBTIQ+, Refugees, Māori, Pasifika, and our homeless whānau. Health sector or youth work experience is also valued, as are applications from young people.
How to Apply
Please contact us via the “apply” form or by emailing the co-chair of Evolve Wellington Youth Service’s Board, Eve Kennedy, on [email protected].
223 total views, 14 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here